ACGA 2022 Convention
July 13-16 at the Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Lakefront Hotel
Chairs: Tom & Carol McWhirter
Rockwall, Texas, with a July 12 tour
Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Lakefront, July 13-16, 2022
Some of the opportunities and numerous extras that will be included in your convention experience ...Read more...
Hundreds of buyers and sellers of Brilliant Era cut glass will come to the Dallas/Rockwall Hilton, Rockwall, TX, July 13-16, 2022 for the largest annual sale of rare American Brilliant cut glass. Convention attendees will enjoy wonderful speakers, an abundance of educational opportunities, and of course, the fabulous Dealers Show!
The four day Convention of the American Cut Glass Association attracts top dealers who enjoy brisk sales from multi-million dollar inventories. Buyers find unprecedented opportunities to acquire seldom-seen pieces. Reflecting the artistry and craftsmanship of a bygone era, these handmade crystal antiques are blown and intricately cut using skills that have been lost for generations.
An impressive list of cut glass experts and program topics ...Read more...
The Dealers Show at the 2022 ACGA Convention will feature eight of the largest and most experienced cut glass dealers in the country. Each is bringing several hundred pieces of fine Brilliant Period cut glass, especially selected to interest convention attendees. Whether you're looking for over-sized pieces or smalls, you are sure to find something that needs to join your collection.
The million dollar lineup of American Brilliant cut glass dealers ...Read more...
A pre-convention tour is available on Tuesday, July 12, 2022, for early arrivals to Dallas and will depart from the Dallas/Rockwall Hilton. The tour will bring you to the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum in the morning, and to the Ross Perot Museum of Nature and Science in the afternoon (more details below).
Top Dallas area Attractions:
- The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum: www.georgewbushlibrary.smu.edu
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science: www.perotmuseum.org
- The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza: jfk.org
- Dallas Museum of Art: dma.org/visit
- Haas Moto Museum (motorcycles): www.haasmotomuseum.com
- AT&T Stadium home of the Dallas Cowboys: attstadium.com/tours
- Amon Carter Museum of American Art: www.cartermuseum.org
- Kimbell Art Museum: www.kimbellart.org
- Rainbow Vomit: rainbowvomit.com
These websites might be helpful in planning your trip:
- Travel Texas: www.traveltexas.com
- Visit Dallas: www.visitdallas.com
- Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Lakefront: www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/texas/hilton-dallas-rockwall-lakefront-
- Visit Ft. Worth: www.fortworth.com
Some of the educational opportunities are:
- Seven speakers presenting educational talks on American Brilliant cut glass
- Multiple breakout discussion groups and workshops with hands-on opportunities and discussions
- First Timers orientation meeting on Tuesday 5 p.m.
- Thursday Collectors Night--details will be in The Hobstar and on the ACGA website. Collectors Night Chairs are Price and Cindy Chandler, firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Silent Auction Extravaganza featuring an amazing and diverse range of items (Dianna Norton is Silent Auction Chair, email@example.com with assistance from Shelia Gibson, firstname.lastname@example.org) Please donate and look for additional information in The Hobstar and on the ACGA website
- Daily access to the Dealers Show
"At 4:45 pm on the last day of the ACGA Convention, I took one last walk around the Dealers' Room. I took photos knowing they would never do justice to the sight of all that gorgeous glass..." Read more...
Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Lakefront, July 13-16, 2022
Call 1-800-445-8667 for reservations and use the group
To book online, use the link below:
Hotel Accommodations - Hilton cut-off date is June 17, 2022
We are fortunate to be holding this event at the Dallas/Rockwall Hilton (2055 Summer Lee Drive Rockwall, TX 75032). The special daily rate is $127.00 plus tax, single or double occupancy, for one king size or two queen beds (or $167 plus tax for a room with a resort view and balcony). The special rates are available from July 7 through July 19 based on space availability. Make your reservations as soon as possible to be assured you get the room(s) you want. You may call Dallas/Rockwall Hilton Reservations at 1-800-445-8667. You must mention "American Cut Glass" and the "ACGA" code to receive the group rate. You may also make your room reservations on-line at Dallas/Rockwall Hilton (a direct link to the reservation page for the ACGA). Please make sure to secure your reservations early as room availability and rates are not guaranteed after June 17, 2022. Reservations must be secured with a major credit card and can be cancelled, if necessary, up to 24 hours before scheduled arrival with no fees charged. To receive the special room rates, your reservation must be made by calling 1-800-445-8667 or by clicking above on Dallas/Rockwall Hilton. Your registration for the convention is a separate process and does not include your hotel room.
Dallas/Rockwall Hilton amenities include:
- - Complimentary WiFi for all guests
- Self-parking is free of charge
- Lake Ray Hubbard waterfront on The Harbor Rockwall with shops, restaurants and bars
- Fully-equipped fitness center and outdoor swimming pool
- Poolside cabanas enable guests to enjoy a full day by the pool
- On-site dining at Heirloom Kitchen, cocktails and appetizers at C & B Scene Bar
- Proud winner of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame Award
- Each guestroom offers a 40-inch flat-screen TV, refrigerator, alarm clock radio with MP3 connection, work desk with ergonomic chair, WiFi access, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, and hair dryer.
- Each guestroom features items from the Hilton Serenity Collection which includes super topper mattress pads, down-filled comforters, Touch of Down pillows, 250 thread-count sheets and duvet covers, along with custom decorative bed throws and bolster pillows.
There will be two ways for you to register for the Convention:
- Mail-in. Bill Evans, ACGA Executive Secretary, will be mailing envelopes to all members with Registration details and a form to return with your information and payment. If you don't use credit cards or Paypal, you can pay for your registratioin by check or money order. Please use the form that Bill will be mailing to you, or you may use the same form available here if you'd like to print it out now and mail in.
- Online registration -
A pre-convention tour is available on Tuesday, July 12, 2022, for early arrivals to Dallas and will depart from the Dallas/Rockwall Hilton.
Tour: Departing 8:30 a.m. from the Dallas/Rockwall Hilton by bus and arriving by 9:30 a.m. at the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum. This is a self-guided audio tour that should last no longer than 2 hours. We have 11:30 a.m. reservations at Cafe 43 which is located in the museum. We should depart around 12:30 p.m. for the Ross Perot Museum of Nature and Science in downtown Dallas. The Perot tour should last from 1:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. at which time we will return to the hotel around 4:00 p.m. We are limited to 34 people for this tour so sign up early. First-Come -- First Serve. Cost per person is $65 which includes discounted ticket prices of $31. Lunch is on your own at Cafe 43 (very strong recommendations!)
George W. Bush Museum and Presidential Library
Ross Perot Museum of Nature and Science